Camera bag or case recommendations or experiences with JVC LS300? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old August 14th, 2017, 08:17 AM   #1
Major Player

Camera bag or case recommendations or experiences with JVC LS300?

What sort of case/bags are people using and do you like them? I picked up a couple different cheap $50 bags at Amazon.com and they have lasted me a couple months of very very very light usage... and they rip and tear, not terribly over loaded, but for $30-$50 camera bag they are garbage. For my old JVC HD110 I have a huge bag that came with the camera from B&H, semi ridged and I think retailed for $350 at the time. I will probably order a Porta Brace BK-5HDV camera backpack https://www.bhphotovideo.com/…/porta...5hdv_backpack… for $159. Even if it's not ideal, a backpack with a couple lenses and accessories for hikes to shoot sounds good, even if it doesn't become my main bag/case. But what is everyone else using and do you/do not recommend?
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Camera bag or case recommendations or experiences with JVC LS300?

I have several bags that were relatively expensive, but have stayed with me through a bunch of cameras...

I keep my much-modified BM Micro in a fifteen year old Cine-Bag with three lenses, another on the camera, which also has an external power module, nose mic, matte box and an EVF attached. Consequently I don't need to assemble and disassemble on jobs. It's a really sturdy, protective bag...

My LS300 travels in a Tenba that I originally bought for my C100, and it fits in there snuggly with the Z-Finder Pro EVF still attached to the handle... An additional lens, batteries and charger ride along, and It's a carry-on for most airlines..

And of course there's PortaBrace... They have something that fits almost any need... They may seem to be overly expensive, but I'm using one I bought in 1996 for my sound gear and it still looks new (well, there are a couple of abrasions, but no tears)... I prefer the blue to the black or camo, BTW... Don't know why they didn't stay true to their signature blue...
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Just ordered the Porta Brace backpack BK-5HDV version. It will not fulfill all of my needs, but temporarily for it hopefully will be good for it's intention. A bigger heavier duty bag/case will be ideal, but for now a short hike for location shooting with video camera, tripod and say a nightstand with reflector the Porta Brace backpack for $159 seems like a no brainer for now anyway. I'll check into the brands you mentioned for my main bag (traveling in vehichle/studio/transport) etc.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 01:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I bought this bag at the beginning of the year and although I've used it almost daily, it looks and feels almost new. https://www.camrade.com/run-gunbackpack-medium.html

I can fit more than enough gear in it and it sits comfortably on my back. The laptop sleeve is a bonus, and there's a rain cover for when you need it. I highly recommend it. In fact, one of the reasons I bought it was because in the picture, you can see that the JVC LS300 is the example camera - fits nice and snug.
Nick Haman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:14 AM   #5
New Boot

For local transport I really like Tenba's Cineluxe 16 shoulderbag... fits the LS-300, a short video mic (eg. Rode VideoMic), a couple lenses and accessories nicely...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...er_bag_16.html

For airplane travel, I recently purchased the combo hardcase / backpack developed by SKB and Think Tank Photo. Held everything I needed for a two week trip (LS-300, 5 lenses, batteries & chargers, shotgun mic, as well as an Olympus OMD-EM1 for stills using the same lenses). Backpack was very comfortable and not uncomfortably large. The hardcase meets regulations for overhead luggage, rolls like luggage, and is lockable...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...hink_tank.html
Al Slamecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:55 AM   #6
Major Player

BTW, above I mistyped Cine-Bag when I meant Cine-Gear....
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 10:28 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I'm using the Porta Brace CAR2CAM

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...argo_case.html
Luke Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders