Xeen Lenses On LS300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old May 27th, 2018, 04:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Xeen Lenses On LS300

Has anyone tried out the Xeen Cine Line of lenses on the LS300?

If so, Why do you like it or why do you not like it?
Is there a green tinge on your footage?
Was it worth your purchase?

Looking at picking a couple of them up and want to get some feedback from you guys to see if you have tried it on the LS300 and what was your experience.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2018, 03:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Xeen Lenses On LS300

OK so I got the Xeen 50mm Lens off Lens Authority for a little over $1200. I finally got a chance to do a comparison between the 50mm Rokinon and the Xeen. Here is what I found.

The Xeen and the Rokinon are almost the same as far as image. The Xeen may have a slight edge on sharpness, but only visible if you are peeping at the pixels. The Xeen's focus and Aperture ring are the huge difference. The Xeen is perfectly silky smooth. I also found that the Xeen needs to have a matte box. It has the same sucky haze flare that the Roki's have. To me it looks like it is the same lens rehoused. I can see the different coating on the lens when comes to the image being captured. It just has a light green tint. I'm glad I did not pay the $2500 brand new price tag for this. You can get them now from $980 and up. I noticed that the 85mm is going for around $980 on Ebay for Micro Four Thirds.

Well I will be sending this lens back to morrow and I wanted to share what I found.
Aaron Jones Sr. is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders