JVC GY-HC500USPCU Sports Graphics in 4K? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old December 17th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #1
New Boot

JVC GY-HC500USPCU Sports Graphics in 4K?

I would swear on a stack of Bibles that when I saw the pre-release info on this camera over a year ago that it claimed the sports overlays would work at 4K, rather than only in 1080p as with the 250 model that I own.

So, this week I ordered the 500SPCU -- only to now find that it is the same as the 250 model -- no sports overlays when recording in 4K !

I ordered from BH Photo, and their web site currently shows one Q&A with an answer by a BH staff member that it WOULD work with 4K.

So, did JVC originally intend for this to work in 4K and then dropped it? Is it something that might be added later with a firmware upgrade? This is a HUGE (and costly) disappointment. Why can't they make this work with 4K? The whole purpose of the SPC model is to use with sports, but if it doesn't work with 4K, there isn't much point to it.
Jerel Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2020, 05:31 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: JVC GY-HC500USPCU Sports Graphics in 4K?

I don't know the specifics of this particular camera but I'm pretty tired of how hard it is know how the camera will actually work. You often have to own the camera to find out some sort of caveat. You might like this video it's about photography but same applies to video cameras. At 8 minutes the subject of 4k that is very close to what you're talking about.

Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders