No new HD EVERIO at CEATEC 2007 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old October 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #1
HDV Cinema

No new HD EVERIO at CEATEC 2007

JVC almost always shows next year's consumer camcorders at Ceatec. It looks like we may have the HD7 and HD3 for another year. Or, JVC doesn't want to tip off the competition and is showing nothing.

However, at the Ceatec show (Japan) JVC showed off a prototype TV camera capable of capturing a 3,840 pixel by 2,048 pixel image at 30 frames per second.

The camera is still under development and the version on show at Ceatec is an improvement on previous models the company has shown. It weighs 10 kilograms (23lbs), a third that of the previous prototype.

This would be a PRO camcorder to compete with RED.
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

No new HD everio announced... Bad news because the HD7 concept (HD in Mpeg2 on HDD, with real prosumer features like focus ring, manual settings, good viewfinder...) needs really some improvements to convince me, espacially on the Picture quality, low ligth capability, and effiency of OIS.
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #3
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Donnet View Post
No new HD everio announced...
I should have been more clear -- Ceatec is used to show big changes. An improved HD7 would likely not be shown. So we may get an "HD9."
Old October 13th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #4
Trustee

Here is an article that I posted a long time ago about the HD7
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english...070208/127547/

It mentions that a future model will be 1080p and feature xvYCC.

I’ve been saying this for a while now that camcorder manufactures should be using a Solid State Drive and I hope JVC releases a version of the HD7 with it. Productions for 64 gig 1.8” versions are already starting.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #5
HDV Cinema

The CCDs an DSP chips run at 60Hz. The MPEG-2 encoder runs at 30Hz. Each interlace frame is encoded 30 times per second. The encoder speed needs to double to 60Hz without consuming much more power OR generating much more heat. Not EZ! Maybe the encoder will be ready for 2008 CEATEC.

Also, with the new 16GB and 32GB SD cards, the HD7 is a solid state camcorder.
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
The CCDs an DSP chips run at 60Hz. The MPEG-2 encoder runs at 30Hz.
Om...They're not lamps. Videosize is also just one parameter (others are bitrate, encoding complexity, motion estimation parameters etc). So it is possible to up 1080i encoding to 1080p without drastic measures.

Besides, maybe it's 30fps 1080p.
Mikko Lopponen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #7
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Lopponen View Post
Om...They're not lamps. Videosize is also just one parameter (others are bitrate, encoding complexity, motion estimation parameters etc). So it is possible to up 1080i encoding to 1080p without drastic measures.

Besides, maybe it's 30fps 1080p.
Actually they are just like lamps!!! The brighter a lam,p the more power (watts) they draw and the more heat given off.

The faster a chip runs, the more power it draws and, therefore, the more heat given off.

To move from 30fps to 60ps requires the same set of operations to be performed in half the amount of time. Hence, the chip must run 2 times faster.

PS: I never said anything about "videosize" since the encoding is now being done at 1920x1080 and so does not need to be changed. Neither would any other aspect of the encoder. Only its speed needs to change.
Old October 17th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
To move from 30fps to 60ps requires the same set of operations to be performed in half the amount of time. Hence, the chip must run 2 times faster.
The jump from 1080i to 1080p is not 2x because size is just one variable. If you take a test and encode a 1440x540 file and then increase it to 1440x1080 will the encoding take twice as long? No.
Mikko Lopponen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series