JVC GZ-HD7 DIY 35mm Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old April 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC GZ-HD7 DIY 35mm Adapter

Im sure someone out there has come up with something already, but if not, YAY!!! Anyways, here is some footage shot with a GZ-HD7 and a DIY 35mm Adapter. The Lens is a Nikon Nikkor 28-55mm F=1:4.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oII1BajUyUw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pw66coxEL8U

In the first video, the room is being remodeled and there was really bad lighting but I think it came out great even so. Anyways, I was trying to make a Music Video or anything, I had just finished my adapter and I got the chance to test it out. Comments/Feedback would be great guys! Thanks!!
Gary Colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #2
Major Player

You should use a site that allows you to upload and play vids in HD. Try Vimeo. I have a couple of vids posted on there. Its pretty nice.

-burk
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Wow, that's awesome? How much did that cost you?
I've been wanting an adapter for a while. The color and DOF look great, but there seems to be a vignetting problem, or was that intentional?
Ray Grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Burkhimer View Post
You should use a site that allows you to upload and play vids in HD. Try Vimeo. I have a couple of vids posted on there. Its pretty nice.

-burk
Yea, I heard about the site not long ago and I just recently made a profile, Ill be posting soon. I just had those vids up already and wanted to see how it was looking so far. My project is yet to be complete, I have a few more things to add, but it should be good. Thats only with a static GG holder, so Im still ordering a vibrating one. Thanks for the comments
Old April 17th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Grizzle View Post
Wow, that's awesome? How much did that cost you?
I've been wanting an adapter for a while. The color and DOF look great, but there seems to be a vignetting problem, or was that intentional?

The entire project was around $150. It was really cheap for me, I found great deals online. My lens was actually second hand from a lady that used to be in photography and didnt have any use for it now. Right now I just bought a 28-210mm lens (so I can do zooms) for about $30 with shipping and I still need to buy a vibrating GG holder, so I would say my entire project would be anywhere from $200-220. The vignetting was due to the fact that I had my entire Macro set screwed in lol. I had the 10+, 4+, 2+ and 1+. I was trying everything out, but I now I only use the 2+, which is enough for me to zoom in on the GG and there is no vignetting.
Old April 20th, 2008, 05:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Gary -- Can you post pictures how the setup looks like? The depth of field and colors are great!
Stefan Immler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #7
Major Player

So, this is all fine and great, but just how does one adapt any 35mm lens to a 46mm filter thread?
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:27 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldemar Winkler View Post
So, this is all fine and great, but just how does one adapt any 35mm lens to a 46mm filter thread?
The lens is a 28-200mm Canon telephoto lens which goes into a Canon lens adapter thats screwed into 55mm Canon extension tubes. The 55mm extension tubes go into a 46mm-55mm step up ring which screws into the 46mm JVC GZ-HD7 filter size.
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Immler View Post
Gary -- Can you post pictures how the setup looks like? The depth of field and colors are great!

Hey, out of everything Ive done, taking pictures of the actual device setup is the one thing I havent yet to do! I just read this, so I will take pictures hopefully tonight and upload them tomorrow (Tuesday).
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:30 PM   #10
Regular Crew

If anybody is wondering/asking, right now its static. Im using Daniel Sch. GG holders and he's on vacationbut right before he left I was able to order the last 2 holders he had in stock (they happened to be static only). Once he gets back, Ill be purchasing the vibrating holder. Soon soon it will be complete!
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:33 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Here are the pictures of the 35mm Adapter for the JVC GZ-HD7. Its a Sigma 28-200mm lens, Canon Extension Tubes, Daniel Schweinerts GG Holder and a 4+ Macro lens at the beginning. The GG is DIY with glass Microscope Slides. Anymore questions, ask!

/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02697.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02701.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02699.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02706.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02707.JPG
/Users/noloc45/Desktop/DSC02705.JPG

Crap....I have no clue how to add photos...help anyone?
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Hey Gary,

do you still have your HD7? Can you update this thread with videos on Vimeo and pictures of your setup. If you need space I can post it up on my server.

also, I was wondering if there are any issues with strength of the lens and what not on the mount point?

thanks,

Mark Cinense

Last edited by Mark Cinense; December 30th, 2008 at 10:46 AM.
Mark Cinense is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series