Prefered Editing Software - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:52 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Avanson View Post
I'm on FCP on Mac and simply capture the 1440CBR as if it was miniDV tape. Not ideal, but pretty damn good. I can't really tell any difference on the stuff I've done so far between 1920 and 1440. - And I have good eyes.

here's some of my stuff.

http://www.vimeo.com/user506080/videos
Thats another one. Unless your Super Man, the average person wont notice between 1920 and 1440. So shoot in 1440 and just do capture into Final Cut Pro/Express.
Gary Colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Just a note from a happy camper...

Hi all, on editing software I was a Premiere Pro person for years and we recently went all mac in our small studio. So now i have a new iMac and FCP Studio instead. Oh my, my job is almost fun now. I really like FCP, Motion, and Compressor and DVDStudio...it's like night and day from the Adobe stuff! Well, good luck...
HG
Herojig Gaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad M. Bell View Post
I'm glad this came up again! What editors out there is everyone using that you can buy for around $100 at a store that work with TOD files. The conversion process is taking forever. Maybe its becasue I'm shooting in FHD. Do you lose quality if you go to 1440? I'm not a pro, I just shoot family stuff here and there. Thanks for any replies or advice.

Before I sold my HD7 [JVC did nothing to address the horrorible OIS issues] I was using Ulead VideoStudio 11 then 11+. It imported .mod and .tod natively and the files could be dragged and dropped right on to the timeline.
Laurence Scott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series