Using HD7 for photos - Tips? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old August 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Using HD7 for photos - Tips?

I put an sd card in there and started messing with some snapshots and the images were terrible. A lot of motion effect. I tried to take a picture of my dog and even her breathing blurred the picture. It was reall grainy too. I'm sure I have somthing set way wrong. I saw some pics that Steve Mullen took a while back and they were beautiful. Maybe he was using a tripod. The lighting could have been better but somthing is still wrong and I'm sure it's my fault. Any tips? Thanks yall!! - Chad
Chad M. Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad M. Bell View Post
I put an sd card in there and started messing with some snapshots and the images were terrible. A lot of motion effect. I tried to take a picture of my dog and even her breathing blurred the picture. It was reall grainy too. I'm sure I have somthing set way wrong. I saw some pics that Steve Mullen took a while back and they were beautiful. Maybe he was using a tripod. The lighting could have been better but somthing is still wrong and I'm sure it's my fault. Any tips? Thanks yall!! - Chad
Yes, this is because you must be using it in Auto mode, be remember GZHD7 is stunning performer if we use it in manual mode, so use it in manual mode, and be remember do not expect picture like Digital SLR like, because HD7's primary function is video and still picture are secondary option, if you need good still pictures you will have to buy dedicated Digital Still Camera.

But trust me HD7 is able to produce stunning still pictures too, it is because 3CCD, however only problem is, it is only 1920x1080, very small size, but if you set it proper result will be outstanding no doubt

Try it in manual mode and let us know your reaction!

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks. That's what I figured and I wasn't expecting a "pro" picture, just a bit better than what I got. I think I was in auto mode when I took them. So... just set it to manual mode and use the ring? Nothing else special? Thanks for the replies. By the way, got laser surgery on my eyes last Friday- FREAKIN AWESOME! If any of you are thinking about it - DO IT. We've all heard people say it's the best money they have ever spent and until you have it done, you truly don't understand. Sorry for that - I'm just really excited to see w/o contacts or glasses for the first time in my life! It takes the HD experience to a new level. ;) -Chad
Chad M. Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series