Visual Hub remains available for HD7 owners at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old October 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #1
HDV Cinema

Visual Hub remains available for HD7 owners

VisualHub is used by HD7 owners as a fast way to convert .TOD files to .MPEG files without decompressing and recompressing. For iMovie 08 users, this is faster than using MPEGStreamclip. But, if Visual Hub were to be unavailable, you can still use MPEGStreamClip.

But don't assume VisualHub is unavailable just because the person no longer provides support for it. For example, I just downloaded VisualHub 1.34 from:

geekmeetsgirl.net ~ Visualhub Tools

Moreover, the VisualHub Support Form continues to operate:

iB::General Discussion

This is where I learned of the download site.

You should also Google "VisualHub" because you'll be able to track news on Visual Hub.
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #2
New Boot

^

Thanks for the info Steve, but how do I purchase a registration code?
Dan Bentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #3
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bentel View Post
Thanks for the info Steve, but how do I purchase a registration code?
I'm sorry -- I assumed if he was no longer selling it, registration was no longer required. But, you do need a license -- which you have if you bought an older version. For example, I've never bothered to upgrade. So now I can.

Looks like it's back to MPEGStreamclip. Remember, this primarily hit's iMovie 08 users. Before, VisualHub, we only used MPEGStreamclip.
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Streamclip

Hi Steve, I tried to download streamclip. However when i try to open it says it is not supported on the architecture of my computer. I have OS 10.5 (with updates) and it is G5 tower (dual processor). I am interested in GZ-HD7, but what are my options of capturing and working in FCS 6.0.4? Thanks
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #5
HDV Cinema

This free software requires at least Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) and QuickTime 6. It is also compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther), Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger), Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard) and QuickTime 7. It works with PowerPC and Intel based Macs.

For MPEG-2 playback and conversion, you need the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component. You can buy it from Apple (Apple - QuickTime - MPEG-2 Playback). If you have either Final Cut Pro or DVD Studio Pro, then the component is already installed and you don't have to buy it; but you may need to download the latest version from Apple. If you bought an older version of the component, you can update it to the latest version (Apple - QuickTime - MPEG-2 Playback - Update). Note that the MPEG-2 component is neither required nor useful for MPEG-1 or MPEG-4 files. But it is required for VOB files and transport streams, because they are MPEG-2 files.
Old October 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks Steve, looks I have all of that on the computer. My OS is 10.5.5 and I have FCS2 FCP6.0.4, which should be the latest version. Do you know if I can capture the footage through ProRes HQ or ProRes?
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series