Shaky video from GZ HD7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series

JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series
JVC's Everio Series 3CCD High Definition MPEG2 camcorders.

Old January 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shaky video from GZ HD7

I have a GZ HD7.... I do not like the image stabilizer... The image stabilizer is enabled in the menu functions but
the video still looks shaky... WHY..????

Any else have this problem with the HD7 ???

When I zoom even just little bit out it gets real shaky..

Any input would be appreciated

Last edited by Eddie Coates; January 1st, 2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: corrections
Eddie Coates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Coates View Post
I have a GZ HD7.... I do not like the image stabilizer... The image stabilizer is enabled in the menu functions but
the video still looks shaky... WHY..????

Any else have this problem with the HD7 ???

When I zoom even just little bit out it gets real shaky..

Any input would be appreciated
Eddie Coates,

If you are just new in video photography then it is obvious that video will look shaky but when you will spend more time with your camera problem will solve automatically, means you will able to do steady shots! And if you are using tripod then your video will be fine.

I have experience with me same, you know when I purchased one and half year ago HD7, initially my all videos were horrible like earth shaking! All people in various forums also admitted now my videos are more stable!

And what you can do is put of OIS from menu system, and try to use tripod, well I never used tripod for any of my videos.

You can see here my uploaded videos, it is possible that you have already gone through my videos, and however here is link: Kaushik's videos on Vimeo

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaushik Parmar View Post
Eddie Coates,

If you are just new in video photography then it is obvious that video will look shaky but when you will spend more time with your camera problem will solve automatically, means you will able to do steady shots! And if you are using tripod then your video will be fine.

I have experience with me same, you know when I purchased one and half year ago HD7, initially my all videos were horrible like earth shaking! All people in various forums also admitted now my videos are more stable!

And what you can do is put of OIS from menu system, and try to use tripod, well I never used tripod for any of my videos.

You can see here my uploaded videos, it is possible that you have already gone through my videos, and however here is link: Kaushik's videos on Vimeo

Kaushik
No No No I am not new to video at all I have been shooting video since 1997 with Pro Sony gear. I have a Sony PMW EX1 now... But for everyday shooting I got the JVC HD7 and it is nowhere near the image stabilizer as SONY... I was wondering why and if there is a fix??

In the past i went thru all Sony Hi8, Digital8 , then VX1000 VX2000 , 2100 and PD170
they all even the hi8 cams had GREAT image stabilizers.. Please dont get me wrong I am not comparing here...I really like the lil JVC HD7 and I wonder if there is a fix for the shaky video.. I use steady cam with my Sony gear but this guy should be able to not be a shaky as it is.

Last edited by Eddie Coates; January 2nd, 2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: corrections
Eddie Coates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:55 AM   #4
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Coates View Post
I have a Sony PMW EX1 now... But for everyday shooting I got the JVC HD7 and it is nowhere near the image stabilizer as SONY...
Comparing a $6000 camcorder to a $1000 camcorder isn't really fair. :)

The key is a tripod or limiting zoom to 3X.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series