DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC Everio GZ-HD and GZ-HM Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/)
-   -   my GZ-HD7 has just shipped.... where to post? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-everio-gz-hd-gz-hm-series/90837-my-gz-hd7-has-just-shipped-where-post.html)

Carlos E. Martinez July 12th, 2007 06:00 AM

Has anyone compared image quality from this camera with HDV cameras? I'm quite curious to see if they can be intermixed.

The main problems I see on the Canon H20, when compared with this camera, is its sole CMOS sensor (instead of 3 CCDs), too few manual controls (focus and exposure) and no mic input. As such it seems only interesting for home videos.

In that sense, the Sony HC7 at least has manual controls, even if only 1 CMOS too.

Henry Posner July 12th, 2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Mullen (Post 657269)
Not to worry, there will be discounts glore. Try B&H.

Thanks. :-)

Chris Harris July 12th, 2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez (Post 710823)
The main problems I see on the Canon H20, when compared with this camera, is its sole CMOS sensor (instead of 3 CCDs), too few manual controls (focus and exposure) and no mic input. As such it seems only interesting for home videos.

In that sense, the Sony HC7 at least has manual controls, even if only 1 CMOS too.

Not to stray off topic, but I just want to correct you there. The HV20 has manual focus, manual exposure, AND a mic input.

Ian G. Thompson July 12th, 2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez (Post 710823)
Has anyone compared image quality from this camera with HDV cameras? I'm quite curious to see if they can be intermixed.

Have you actually seen footage from an HV20? What does it really matter with the 1 CMOS especially when its picture is much beter than the 3CCD HC7 (subjective I know but tell that to the majority of reviewers)? It has more manual controls than what you mentioned. Home videos??? Your joking right?? Most of your award winning SLR photo cams use 1CMOS and thier pictures are amazing.

You can't really compare CMOS and CCD in the same way. They are two totally different animals in how they gather light.

Is the upcoming RED camera 1CMOS or 3CMOS? Just curious.

Adam Oas July 18th, 2007 03:01 PM

.TOD to Quicktime

I was able to use quicktime to make a playable quicktime but the fields were all munged together making an unwatchable mess of my footage.

The VLC>MpegStreamclip solution worked for me.

Jemore Santos July 25th, 2007 04:52 AM

Lets get back to the topic, now that the HD3 has also been released where should we place this new channel?