hd-10 goes Hollywood? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

hd-10 goes Hollywood?

Hi,

I just read in the (our) most recent edition of Cinefex magazine that Director Robert Rodriguez shot "...pickup shots for Spy Kids 3 using a 4K Consumer HD camera...". Now the main production was shot with F900 Sony's and clearly the HD-10 isn't 4K - but what other 'consumer HD camera could they be talking about ..?

best,

DW
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

4k here might mean $4000. I would love to know if that was true.
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:33 PM   #3
Trustee

There are only 2 "consumer" HD cameras out and we know he didn't shoot with the cheaper of the 2- so he must have used the HD10U.
Old October 8th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The suggested retail price of the JY-HD10U was 4K when it came out in June'03.
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi,

well. the 'true-ness' of the statement is only as good as the accuracy of the Cinefex article (and they're usually pretty good), here's the quote:

"...Rodriguez has continued to invest in digital imaging, using a 4K JVC consumer-quality HD camera to shoot SpyKids3 pickups and retiring all of his medium format still-cameras in favour of the Canon EOS-1DS for publicity images.."

Strangely enough it was printed as '4K' not '$4000' - so i don't know if they got their wires crossed with that one.

Rodriguez is a HD devotee now, shooting all his movies on the Sony cameras - (and I guess JVC now, :) ) another line in the article has him quoted as saying;

'...Because of my track record of shooting HD movies so quickly, several companies have approached me to try out their top-secret digital cameras in October. I can't wait to see the next generation, it can't come fast enough for me..."

I guess we can only hope it's the next generation of the HD-10...

Anyway it's Cinefex Number 95 covering the Matrix Reloaded, T3 and of course, SpyKids3D. Check it out.

Best,

DW.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U