Installing camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old November 4th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Tourist

Installing camera

I'm having some problems with the JVC GR-HD1. I have Windows XP Proffessional Installed. I even upgraded to Service pack 1. When I install the capturing utility provided by JVC. My computer find the unit as A/V Subunit , but doesn't display in the seletion of the devices in the capturing utility when I pull down the bar that lets me choose my devices.
I'm going crazy already. It works absolutely fine in DV format. I am able to capture it in adobe premiere. When I try to cature mpeg, I get nothing but hairloss.
I connected it though my I.link cable.

What exactly do they mean when they say (Windows Pre-install version)
Old November 4th, 2003, 02:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

edward,
in the cameras menu, switch the i-link setting from "auto" to "SW".
and you might also try reinstalling the driver... the instructions on how to do this are in the jvc manual. I was also having this problem and i found this answer on cineforms website, in the FAQ.
hope this helps.
E.
Old November 4th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I have the same problem. I have tried two computers with Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Media Edition, both with latest updates. I already re-installed HD Capture utility twice, and switched the i-link setting in the menu to SW. Both to no avail. I can output DV mode and analog converted to 1080i (HDTV). In DV mode, I can control the camcorder via firewire.
Old November 5th, 2003, 12:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Try This!

There was an issue with the driver installation that got me also. It seemed very non-standard for a driver installation. I found a sheet with the hd-1 that described the installation like this. Be sure that your firewire card is installed and working. Also be sure the camera is not listed in device manager as an unknown device. If it is remove the unknown device, disconnect the camera then reboot. After you reboot with the camera disconnected from the firewire port, connect the camera to the i.LINK cable and have the camera in Play Mode. Windows should then see the camera then follow the directions below.

Installing the driver for importing MEPG-1 format video stream

When you connect the camcorder to the PC with an i.LINK cable the first time, the driver is installed.

1. Click (Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) ant then click (Next). The driver search dialog box should appear.

2. Click (Don't search. I will choose the driver to install), and then click(Next). The (Hardware update Wizard) dialog box appears.

3. Click (Sound, video and game controllers), and then click (Next). The dialog box to select the manufacture and model appears.

4. Click (JVC) for manufacture and(JVC Tape Device) for model, and then click (Next). The (Update Driver Warning) dialog box appears. If not go to step 6

5. Click (Yes). The (Completing Found New Hardware Wizard) dialog box appears.

6. Click (Finish).

I would then reboot again after the driver is installed then start HD Capture. Be sure to select the camera in the dropdown box in HD capture.

Good luck
Mike
Old November 7th, 2003, 01:28 AM   #5
Regular Crew

OK. The component output works. The S/AV output works. However, the firewire output is not recognized in two computers, whether DV or MPEG2. I tried all of above, and I can force the computer to acknowledge a DVC attached camera using the firewire (only indication that port might be OK). Cables and 1394 card work with other camcorder. I am beginning to think that the problem is in my camera. Anybody with defective ports?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U