So.... Where are the various HD sample frames? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old April 30th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #1
Major Player

So.... Where are the various HD sample frames?

Any news on any sample being posted from a non JVC HD cam? It's been a while.
-Les
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Barry Wan Kenobi

Do you mean a non-JVC HDV camera? There are none, those shown at NAB were mockup prototypes.

Or do you mean the CineAlta & VariCam, etc?
Old April 30th, 2004, 03:57 PM   #3
Major Player

I mean *any* other High Def cam.
There was a lot of talk about eminent sample posts, etc.
All the comparisons are verbal. A picture of a clip is worth 1000 words, as they say.

-Les
Old May 1st, 2004, 07:47 AM   #4
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Les Dit : I mean *any* other High Def cam.
There was a lot of talk about eminent sample posts, etc.
All the comparisons are verbal. A picture of a clip is worth 1000 words, as they say.

-Les -->>>

These captures were made in Vegas 4.

The family on the boat ramp and the kite surfer are from HD10 footage I've shot since getting my camera back from repair.

The other two images are from recorded HD broadcasts via a VisionPlus HDTV terrestrial broadcast PCI card.

None of the images has been re-sampled or tampered with in any way, but please note that the JPEG compression regime denigrates the image - adding even more artifacts than the MPEG2 stream already contains...

http://www.pnc.com.au/~scris/hd_images/

Hope these give you some more idea of where the HD10 fits, especially in relation to 1080i and 720i broadcasts...even if they are from PAL stations here in Australia!!
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Steve, but there was a whole set of threads a while ago talking about how the HD10 compares to other HD cameras out there, that cost $40K and above.
Some people actually shot the same scene with both cameras, if my memory serves me correctly. But the non JVC stuff never made it here.
Oh well.
Old May 6th, 2004, 08:39 PM   #6
Major Player

I think Les was referring to the CineAlta shootout, etc.

Heath posted some pics from the shootout, but they never got the footage from the CineAlta converted to a viable format outside of the camera.

Troy
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #7
MPS Digital Studios

We posted clips from a DVX100 vs. HD10 shoot out. Yes, I have Varicam vs. HD10, and I will get to it. (I'm sorry, Jon F.!) I can't believe how busy my life has gotten...

Sorry everyone,

heath
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Sorry everyone!
Bad Heath, Bad! :)

Just kidding....

Troy
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:30 AM   #9
MPS Digital Studios

No, it's true; it's been around 6 months. I need to just capture and let Chris H., owner and proprieter of these here forums, that they're ready to go.

Sorry,

h
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #10
Obstreperous Rex

Any time Heath, we can upload 'em to the server here...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #11
MPS Digital Studios

Chris,

After I close on my condo!

heath
Old May 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #12
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Crisdale :
The family on the boat ramp and the kite surfer are from HD10 footage I've shot since getting my camera back from repair.

The other two images are from recorded HD broadcasts via a VisionPlus HDTV terrestrial broadcast PCI card.
-->>>

Ha, I didn't read your post carefully and almost fell out of my seat when I saw the sydney opera house image. Then I realized it wasn't from the JVC and regained my composture... Yeah the JVC is NOT HD but merely crappy HDV, far from being GOOD HD.
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:55 AM   #13
MPS Digital Studios

<<<-- Originally posted by Yang Wen :
Ha, I didn't read your post carefully and almost fell out of my seat when I saw the sydney opera house image. Then I realized it wasn't from the JVC and regained my composture... Yeah the JVC is NOT HD but merely crappy HDV, far from being GOOD HD. -->>>

Yang,

Are you starting a war here? Why are you saying this? Have you even USED the camera at all?

Please explain,

heath
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #14
Major Player

The Opera house image looked horrible. Did you guys see the edges of the white roof, left side? It had horrible red chromatic aberrations, I was thinking that the lens was bad. I'm glad it apparently was just an off the air capture. I think the HD10 would have done a much better job.

-Les

<<<-- Originally posted by Yang Wen : <<<-- Originally posted by Steve Crisdale :

-->>>

Ha, I didn't read your post carefully and almost fell out of my seat when I saw the sydney opera house image. Then I realized it wasn't from the JVC and regained my composture... Yeah the JVC is NOT HD but merely crappy HDV, far from being GOOD HD. -->>>
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #15
MPS Digital Studios

Granted, I think it's tough to shoot just about anything without good lighting, etc. (which is just about impossible with the opera house), I still stand by my beliefs that the HD10 does in fact produce great images. But, to get them, one needs to just spend some extra time with the set-ups, even with natural light. If you just "run and gun" with the camera, you'll be disappointed! I learned that lesson!

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U