How about a shorts film contest with our HD10U - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old July 16th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #31
MPS Digital Studios

Dwight,

Email me privately about this; I think I sent you an email about some ideas!

Thanks,

heath
Old July 16th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #32
Trustee

Hey cool! I was away on a shoot this week in Canada and I just got back! How far along is this HD Fest??

I'm requesting that shorts be no longer than 3 minutes, so we can keep the file size larger and quality higher. After all we're trying to promote this new standard (partly anyway).

Murph
Old July 18th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #33
MPS Digital Studios

Everyone,

Thanks for all your input. I'm working privately with Dwight on this, as our contacts and experience can really put something together. We're at the very beginning stages, so there's not much to report.

But we are planning on using some of the ideas everyone has posted up. And Murph, 3 minutes and under may be a great idea! But don't ever tell that to my film school students; many of whom feel anything less that 15 minutes ISN'T a short film! :-)

heath
Old July 18th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #34
Major Player

I do hope you all continue to post your ideas about this potentially historic/fun event. Your ideas are great and much appreciated. Heath and I are doing our current best to make this happening happen. As things develop we will keep you posted.
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM   #35
Trustee

Is this dead? If so, let's see if we can create an online place to post HDV videos.

I'm thinking the Prelinger archive might be a good place. The guy has like a zillion gigs with video now, and he's allow people to post open archive videos. We could probably post our videos up there in MPEG-4 format no problem.

Anyone have an account there already and posted stuff?

Murph
Old August 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Murph,

I have a couple hundred Gigs of space on my Mac and a pretty fast Cable connection. I'd be willing to give this a shot. What kind of server should we use? I have KDX server on it. KDX is Mac/Win compatible but it does have a shareware fee to be legit.

http://www.haxial.com/products/kdx/index2.html

I could have it up and running in no time but I'd like to use a server that makes sense for everyone and is no cost.

Bryan
Old August 4th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #37
MPS Digital Studios

Right now, I'm waiting on some people to contact me about the contest, so sit tight. I have contacts in high places, and they seem interested in a contest. But it's a LOT of work.

Thanks,

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U