On-camera Light for JY-HD10U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old July 8th, 2005, 01:55 PM   #1
Tourist

On-camera Light for JY-HD10U

Does anyone have suggestions for an on-camera light for the JY-HD10U? Unfortunately, the low-light performance of this camera leaves much to be desired. :(

I don't know much (well, anything) about on-camera lights. Is there a lot of variation in the color cast of camera lights? Also, are there any that use LEDs, like the hiking headlamps I've seen? I've seen LED underwater camera lights, but not regular camera lights.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

- Caitlin
Old July 8th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Saw this

Hi,

I am new but I am also looking for the same thing and saw your post. Indeed, things are great when you give this cam enough light.

Saw this site about the LED lights but it gives a spooky look, as LED lights do. Im not doing a recommendation as I have never used it.

http://www.camerabright.com/
Old July 9th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Litepanels are good for LED lighting, as they're balanced properly, but they are quite epxensive ($1000ish, been a while since I've checked). I hope somebody realizes the need for good, properly balanced LED camera lights at a low price point.
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Tried the X1-ER

This model is the brightest of the three but because of the GR-HD1's pod mount position, the light would case a shadow from the lens hood.

It would be better to get a light that fits on the shoe with the handle.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U