2 problems with my JVC 110U HELP!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #1
New Boot

2 problems with my JVC 110U HELP!!!

I have posted on 2 different forums, one for each problem. Here I have added them both. Please help if you can. The originals with their thread names are:

FS-4 to jvc-110u HELP!!!!!!

I am bugging out here because I am having a problem with the FS-4 I just got. I bought a JVC-110U off of eBay used with only 24 hours on it. The camera came with the FS-4 40GB hard drive. When I follow the directions to the “T”, the direve will not sync up with the camera and record. No matter how I set up the settings it just wont sync. It just keeps trying to sync. But when I put it and the camera into DV mode, it looks like it is synced but it won’t record manually or with the camera giving the commands.

Has anyone had a problem similar to this?

The camera arrived late and I expected to have a bit more time with it before I was going to shoot. But I have a job tomorrow and don’t know what to do.

Please help!!!

-mike-

------------------------------------------------------------------------

JVC-110U with Avid HELP!!!!!!!

I am bugging out here because I am having a problem getting avid to recognize my JVC-110U.

1. Setting up my device configuration with “GY-HD100 60” the closest option to my camera. It always says “No input signal”.
2. Setting up my device configuration with “JY-HD10U”. Just for kicks I tried this because it had the 10 U. Here it seams that it recognizes the camera and receives the time code. But then if I go to capture, it does nothing and says “No input signal”.
3. I also use Sony Vegas 5.0 which has options for HD. With this program I have the same issue but only with HD footage. When set up for HD, it can’t see the camera. But with SD footage, all is well.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this to work?
Michael Vallier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM   #2
Major Player

sync probs

Sorry in advance that I own the HD251, and i'm not sure if they've changed the menu, but make sure if it is the same that you have the option turned on for the DRDH100 in your menu options, I haven't got my camera in front of me right now so i'm not sure what's the precise location or naming convention.
If thats turned on ok, then make sure if your recording in HDV that the toggle switch at the rear for the firewire is on HDV, because you'll get the no signal message if it's still on DV.
I had this problem, and it took a while for me to figure it out, but I had the DRDH100 designed for this camera, not the FS4 .
In your firestore option make sure the option is turned on to slave sync, with the DRDH100 you have to choose the 'GYHD-10' or something like that option, I know it's real vague, but you sound desperate and I haven't got these items in front of me right now. As you have the FS4, i don't know if this option is in your menu as well.

Good luck, I hope I haven't just made your headache worst!
Regards
Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Ask the seller how he did it...
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems