Cannot seem to log and capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 9th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #1
Tourist

Cannot seem to log and capture

Recently updated firmware on GYHD100 and now cannot seem to
get my log and capture to work. Updated with proper download
Working in FCP Studio2. Did just reinstall FCP after system problem.
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks
Ken Vaughan
Ken Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Vaughan View Post
Anyone have any idea?
Hi Ken.

My first line of thinking is to determine whether it's a problem with your installation of FCP or if you've got a camera problem (whether a faulty firmware update or even a blown FireWire port or the HDV/DV switch in the wrong position, etc.). When you say "updated with proper download", I'm not totally sure if you're referring to an update of FCP or the camera firmware.

Camera-wise, have a look at the "sticky" for this forum called "ALERT: Power OFF before connecting/unconnecting Firewire or switching HDV/DV" and see if it's not a problem with that.

One way to quickly isolate whether it's the camera or FCP would be to borrow a cheap little mini-DV camera from a friend or relative and see whether FCP will capture the DV footage from that. If it doesn't, you have an FCP problem.

(Alternately, you could take your camera over to someone else who has a working version of FCP 5.1.2 or above on their computer and see if it will capture on that.)

Those are my initial ideas.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You could also use DVHScap to see whether the cammera communicates properly via firewire. I´ve had lots and lots of problems with Finalcut in that regard.
Thomas Weilguny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems