GY-HD 100 Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 13th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Major Player

GY-HD 100 Settings

Sorry about stupid question, but here it is. Recently I switched from DVX100 to GY-HD100. I shot some stuff in 720/30p and in 480/30p and I don't like the look of the footage. First of all the color saturation is so-so. Second and more important- the camera produced more "digital looking" picture then my old DVX100. I did read the manual, checked some other web information, hooked up the camera to a monitor to tweak the settings (looks OK on the monitor!). However I am still not happy with the result. On Panasonic DVX100 there was a feature called file setting, for shooting in different lighting conditions (you know the round dial with numbers F1-F7). Looks like there is nothing like that on GY100? Any idea greatly appreciated!
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Check this page out.
I use True Color 3 for general use, looks great.
Jon

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=62835
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #3
Major Player

First off, The DVX100 is a great Standard Def camera. The HD100 is not necessarily going to outperform it when shooting in 480i.

I would recommend shooting everything at 720p, the HD100 has a totally different look when shooting HDV.

I’ve found that opening the iris a bit more really gives a nice saturated look. Try some of the color recipes on this website like the TrueColor settings.

Drop your detail setting to “min”, the stock setting is a little edgy for most people’s taste.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems