Blurry image & ghost frame. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 5th, 2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Blurry image & ghost frame.

Hi,
My problem is this,I shoot a lot of surfing,the whitewater is moving the subject is moving everything is moving.What i am seeing in my footage is a blur of sorts, like a ghost frame at the point of action,a little hard to watch, not smooth.My DVX also shoots 25p and although it's not HDV i have never seen this,even the 25p on this GY-HD111E does not have this problem.Yes i do understand the progressive concept, but i was thinking it may be a detail setting , i may have it too high?
Or could it be the
I shot test at all different framerates etc , it did get less obvious when i tuned the detail down but was wondering if the vert.and horiz. frequencies etc may need to be tweaked? I also have used and not used the motion smoothing as well.
The picture i love but this kind of frame blur or smear is eating at me .
Thanks ,Mick
Mick Wilcomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Wrangler

It sounds like you may have "Motion Smooth" turned on. You will want to turn it off to avoid double images.
Old October 5th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Tim

Thanks i will give it a try,would altering the vertical and horizontal balance and freq. be of any use?
Cheers again for the help.
Mick Wilcomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Wilcomes View Post
Thanks i will give it a try,would altering the vertical and horizontal balance and freq. be of any use?
Cheers again for the help.
The H/V frequency fine tunes the detail (aka edge enhancement, aka sharpness) in one direction or the other. For example, you would use it in a situation where someone has a shirt with thin vertical stripes. You could turn down the horizontal frequency in this situation in order to minimize moire patterns, but maintain sharpness in the other direction.
H/V frequency is directly tied to the detail level, so turning the detail down essentially disables H/V frequency.

Either way, this H/V frequency will likely have little effect on waves or other 'organic' shapes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems