JVC Gy-200 v/s Sony Xd cam EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 7th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC Gy-200 v/s Sony Xd cam EX1

Hello guys this is my first messege after months of reading, searching and investigating in the forum. I need a little help in my future camera choice. I created this thread because one off my choices is the Jvc Gy-201E (by the way Im chilean but I live in sweden), now after all the publicity and discution in the forum, the another choice is the Sony EX. I know that the comparison between them is only theoretic but I will read some opinions, the image quality comparison, lens, work in NLE system, etc. (I know is all in theory).

If it´s important I need the camera for diverse works like shortfilms, documetaries, maybe publicity, etc. And they are in the same price level.

Help me with my choice.

Greetings to all of you in the forum, and sorry for my english!!

Sorry if I´m repeating my self, I have done the same question in the sony thread.
Alfredo Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Trustee

Alfredo,
That's a tough question, mainly since the EX is not out. The verdict is still out.
Having said that, the EX and JVC are different breeds. The EX with its fixed lens and good image quality makes a decent run around cam. The JVC with
interchangeable lens, shoulder mount and good image quality makes a pro looking cam.

If you're looking to blend into a crowd, the EX would do that.
The JVC looks like a pro cam.
They both have their plusses.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems