Firestore products at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 5th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Trustee

Firestore products

Does anyone know the difference in regards to the GY-HD100 between the Firestore 4 and the Firestore DR-HD100? I can get a FS-4 for like $600 but the DR-HD100 is like $1500.

Thanks
Randy
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

The DR-HD100 offers much longer recording time plus status talkback through the camera viewfinder.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I think you only get the option to record 720/24p in quicktime format with the dr-hd100 which don't matter if you not using fcp.
S. Abdul Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Trustee

o.k. so it will work but I wont get record time, timecode, record time left etc.? I dont care about size 40 gigs is plenty enough for me. Although I would like the data. Its just I need to buy 2 and for $3000 it would make more sense for me to buy a JVC deck.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Advantages of the JVC dedicated unit:
*better communication with the camera - not just status in the viewfinder, but more control options.
* QT clips with 24p footage (firestore captures 24p only in m2t) - BTW within weeks HD200 users will have 60p QT on the JVC model only too.
* Recording time has now been equalized both have 100GB hard drive for 7.5 hours (about 10 hours of 720p).
Old January 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Major Player

DR100 Drives

Hey Randy - pity your in the states.... we are selling 2 brand new DR100 (60gig) drives... they were only used a couple of times to test them for a project... a change in production requirments mean we will not be using JVC products and that is the reason for the sale... still boxed and under warranty.

The quicktime wrapper does a great job and makes editing HDV painless.

We will be selling them off at a low price as we don't have time to mess around selling secondhand equipment... so if your interested let me know....

Sorry Chris if I've broken any selling equipment rules, I understand there is somewhere on the forum for selling stuff, it just seemed like a good place to answer Randy.

Regards:Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #7
Trustee

Thanks for the info, I think the FS-4 is fine for me I just need to be able to roll and stop from the camera. Maybe use tape and Hard Drive at the same time which I think FS-4 will do too.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems