Fast-forward going turbo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 15th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Fast-forward going turbo

Something has happend with my HD100.

When i use fast-forward it goes up to an extra high speed and just continue without decelerating at the end of the tape. This is cousing me big problems when capturing because it goes so fast it stops to read the timecode and therefore ignore all the logging being made. Funny, is it not! Rewinding works as normal tough.

Anyone ho hade the same problem or that can give me a hint of what could be wrong here?
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Mikael,
I'm not 100% clear. If you select fast-forward on the camera's deck controls or remotely through the capturing computer, it should ramp up to a high speed and keep going to the end (or you hit stop).

Are you getting this response when the editor is trying to capture a set of logged clips automatically? If so, what system?

It could also be problems with a particular tape, or broken timecode, that can cause strange symptoms with capture. Have you tried an older tape that you know worked as expected before?
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, but it seams to go a lot faster then before (ultra high speed or something, its like a Ferrari), and also, it do not slow down just before the end of the tape.

It must slow down before the tape ends, athervise it can broke the tape. If I go for say 3x fast-forward. then everythings is okay, and the timecode is present.

Its not a problem with a particular tape, its the same no mather with tape, new or old used ones. Its a problem with the camera itself. As soon as I hit the FF botton, the timecode frezzes and letters telling me minits left on the tape go sero.
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hi Mikael..........

Don't know anything about the HD100 but it sounds like a sick puppy to me.

How hard is it to get in touch wth your nearest JVC authorised repairer?

That would be my first move.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 04:52 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Soucy View Post
Don't know anything about the HD100 but it sounds like a sick puppy to me.

How hard is it to get in touch wth your nearest JVC authorised repairer?

That would be my first move.

CS
Puppy it is.
Yes you are right, the best would be to contact my local rep. Im afraid tough that there are so many faults on this cam (SSE and sometimes blue screen) that it would coast to much to repair it. My tactic for now is to just keep it alive.
Mikael Widerberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems