BR 50 "copy inhibit" warning/stops recording at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old January 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Major Player

BR 50 "copy inhibit" warning/stops recording

Howdy all, I'm having a problem and was hoping someone could help. I'm recording from a Scan Do Ultra into either the composite or s-video inputs of my BR 50. The BR 50 randomly stops recording with a "copy inhibit" warning popping up.

I'm recording a camera and Power point presentation going into a fulsom screen pro, then into the Scan Do and finally into the BR 50. There is obviously no Macrovison or copy protection being generated so I'm wondering why this is happening. I read about the problem in this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=107575

and it sure sounds like my problem. According to an engineer buddy the Scan Do should be a pretty clean video source, and the "copy inhibit" problem exists on either the composite or s-video inputs.

I'm going to try and plug the Scon Do into my ADS Pyro firewire box, via component, and then into the BR 50, via firewire and see if that solves the problem.

Any ideas for anything else to try?

I'm also running the latest firmware for the deck.

Thanks a bunch for any help,
Burk
Burk Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Just an update - here is how I've been working around this issue.

Added an ADS Pyro AV link in line, feed it the signal out of the Scan Do analog and come out to the JVC deck via firewire. So far It' been working fine, also a good way to get component video into the deck.

Burk
Burk Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2008, 02:41 PM   #3
Major Player

now all we need is a HD --> HDV box and we could record HD signals...
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Major Player

Yea, I might end up looking into that. Seems like there should be a switcher that would output 720p - I know I can record DV straight from the cam to the deck, I'm assuming it would work with HDV too - have to test.

Also bad news on the Pyro front. For some unknown reason it occasionally freaks out and screws up the signal, looks like some bizarre termination problem. If you turn it off and then on it fixes the problem but may have to look into Canopus for a more solid solution.
Burk Webb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems