HD110 Audio Hiss at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HD110 Audio Hiss

My HD110e has a very annoying background hiss when recording audio. Even with no microphones or line input connected, the hiss is constant. I've checked it's not my playback headphones...the noise is always there. Turning the levels up and down barely makes a different as the hiss is always proportionately overbearing.

I've only really just got round to finding this a nuisance, but it's not very good at all.

I think i may have spotted a few threads about this a while back, but if it's ok can i throw open the subject again??

Cheers,

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Rostance View Post
My HD110e has a very annoying background hiss when recording audio. Even with no microphones or line input connected, the hiss is constant. I've checked it's not my playback headphones...the noise is always there. Turning the levels up and down barely makes a different as the hiss is always proportionately overbearing.

I've only really just got round to finding this a nuisance, but it's not very good at all.

I think i may have spotted a few threads about this a while back, but if it's ok can i throw open the subject again??

Cheers,

Neil
what are you jacking into? the jacks on the handle? the circuitry is crap. Try the line out by the DC jack.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:05 PM   #3
Trustee

well with no inputs, you will get hiss, any mixer will do this because you are trying to amplify nothing. that said, with a mic connected try again. the mic level preamps are a bit noisy. the way around it is a preamp / mixer to send line level, perferably hot line level,and sound will be much much better.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Neil have you set the noise reduction in the 110 menu?

I have the 100 and don't have that option, so I only monitor
the line output and never use the headphone jacks.
Mark Silva is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems