Adobe CS2 JVC24p to 10 bit 4:2:2 Blackmagic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adobe CS2 JVC24p to 10 bit 4:2:2 Blackmagic

I've been watching all the premiere pro and fcp users fretting about 24p and I've been trying different things to get it out of the HDV / m2t world. I've been trying virtual dub and adobe products with not much luck.

A few months ago I found an article about the HD-SDI presets in CS2 for premiere and after effects that allow 32 bit processing and conversion to 4:2:2 10bit blackmagic codec.

Nothing worked until tonight when I edited a preset found in the Adobe HD-SDI settings for 1080/24p. I just opened the preset file in notepad and changed the 1920x1080 to 1280x720 in the preset file. I then created a new project and imported my 24p.m2t file and it worked, with a render.

My 24p.m2t file opened up with the proper framerate, framesize and length, audio was synced (for the 30 second clip anyway). And I was into a new world for color correction and effects.

Again, I've only tested on a 30 second clip.

I based doing this on this article I posted in the "don't edit in HDV thread"
http://library.creativecow.net/artic...or_Support.php

Can someone try this out in cs3?

attatched is the preset, found in my CS2 in this folder:

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Settings\Adobe HD-SDI\

Rename the attatched file extention from .txt to .prpreset

good luck

tup
Attached Files
File Type: txt 720p 24.txt (15.7 KB, 437 views)

Last edited by Tup Wright; April 4th, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Tup Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems