JVC firmware updates on web doesn't work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Trustee

JVC firmware updates on web doesn't work

I've sent emails to JVC, but nothing has happened.

if you go to check you camera or deck, enter all the info, the firmware check ALWAYS fails. doesn't matter if you enter first column or 2nd column info.

also when checking the BRHD-50, the procedure to check firmware/FPGA fails with V1.08 installed ( menu + Stop + arrow keys ), at least on my VTR. THERE IS NO WAY to get the info asked for on the website.

JVC / Carl - can we please fix this so it works ?
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:54 AM   #2
Major Player

same happened here.
Old April 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Guys,

The firmware update page fails if your camera already has the current level firmware revision. You can test this by inserting lower version numbers.

JT
James Thirston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 02:05 AM   #4
Major Player

BR-HD50 info

The latest BRHD50U version is 1.09, and it changed recently (Release Date: 2008-02-01, so it's for most of us). The only feature mentioned is adding compatibility with non-HDCP compliant HDMI devices.
Hasn't been an issue with my equipment. It would be nice if they addressed the occasional instability with recording standard DV input. Haven't tried it yet.

I had an initial hiccup getting the full version menu to display from the first screen with the 1.08 firmware, but then read (in bold at the bottom):

NOTE* If the [LOCAL/REMOTE] switch is set to [REMOTE] the BR-HD50U will not respond when you press the [HOLD] button in the step above.

That did it for me. YMMV. Or maybe they just updated the instructions.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/s...&feature_id=17
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adair View Post
The only feature mentioned is adding compatibility with non-HDCP compliant HDMI devices.
thats also in the 1.08 firmware, so I suppose they did it right with 1.09 after leaving something out?
Mark Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Adair View Post
The only feature mentioned is adding compatibility with non-HDCP compliant HDMI devices.
If you read that PDF with 109 closely, it also says that your new version should be 108. I think it's the same PDF that I got with 108, not the one that should have been included with 109. New fixes are still a mystery I think, but I hope it fixes the "composite recording stopping due to copy inhibit-even though there isn't any" problem.
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems