AB wireless mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

AB wireless mount

I have a 110 with the AB battery mount. Up to now I have been using the shoe on the camera for my Sony URX-P1 wireless receiver. I now have an AB light that I have to put on the shoe. I see that there is a wireless mounting plate kit for the JVC (JVC-BP). I must admit that I am not sure what I need to be able to mount the receiver to the camera. Has anyone mounted a wireless receiver to the AB mount? If so what was used to accomplish this?

Regards,
Jerry
Jerry Jesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

if the AB battery mount has the side plate mount then all you need is an AB side plate, a Receiver mounting box (you could use velcro and it would work fine)

If the battery mount doesn't have the side plate mount then you need this Anton Bauer JVC-BP Wireless Mounting Plate Kit - for JVC Camcorders

Mfr# JVCBP • B&H# ANJVCBP Price: $ 29.95
along with the the side plate. Receiver Box optional.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Trustee

If your reciever is small enough it will fit on the kit but you need the backplate (which has the little threaded holls and wireless kit. You have 2 choices 1. to use the little box made for lectrosonics or 2. just velcro the reciever to the side plate.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Regular Crew

ShooterSlicker

I really like the Straddlebag by ShooterSlicker. It fits perfectly over a big AB battery. It's cheaper than a hard mount. You can drop different receivers into the saddlebags and tighten them quickly. Their photos on their website are terrible - bright orange and bright blue. I have a black one and it looks cool.

http://www.shooterslicker.com/
Troy Teuscher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems