Good outdoor (wildlife) .scn files + Using hd100 .scn's on hd110 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Trustee

Good outdoor (wildlife) .scn files + Using hd100 .scn's on hd110

Hi guys

Well the title kind of sums up my question really. I'm new to the HD110 and I'm prep'ing to take it out and use it for the first time. I'm interesting in good outdoor setups for shooting wildlife.

I'm also unsure whether I can use scn files from HD100 and load them into my HD110....any help with this much appreciated !?

Cheers
Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM   #2
Major Player

scene files will work no problem.

The best one to use is the TC3 setting.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Trustee

Yeah I've been looking at the settings for the true color 3, but struggled to translate the recipe into the different menu items of the 110. Is there a .scn file I can download for that as a starting point?
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM   #4
Major Player

follow the down load instruction for scene files. it should be a sticky at the top of the forum. all you need is an SD card. Works great. load up a couple of your favorite looks on a card and then load them as you need them.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2008, 04:23 AM   #5
Trustee

Hey Daniel

Yeah, I'm familiar with the process I just don't see a DL'able version of the TC .scn file. Only the written recipe ?

Edit: Ok I think I managed to plug it in correctly while avoiding settings not featured in the recipe. Colour rendition does indeed look quite life like although i have to say I'm still favouring my XL2 for picture/tones/colour at the moment. Onward with the tweeking I guess!

Last edited by Mat Thompson; April 24th, 2008 at 06:44 PM.
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems