m2t to mov.? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 25th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Major Player

m2t to mov.?

Hey, guys. I got the DTE dr-hd100 firestore. For some odd reason, anytime I record with mov, my audio is jacked up. I use fcp to edit... however, if i shoot m2t, the audio is fine. So basically what I'm getting at is, what program should I use to convert m2t, to qt at full quality so I can edit it in fcp? That does it. Thanks, dudes.
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Trustee

MPEG Stream clip, it's free and it converts to any QT codec that you have installed.
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Paolo, I tried using that, man. For some odd reason, when I exported it to QT, it breaks up in the beginning. Maybe I'm taking the wrong steps? Just click export to QT? Also, is it at full res? I can't tell. It looks like it might be slightly fuzzier.
Old April 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #4
Major Player

I don't know what the default settings are, but you can have MPEG Stream Clip convert the footage to pretty much whatever codecs you have installed on your machine. You can also have it merge many small files into one big file (which can be handy).

-A
Andrew Kimery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #5
Trustee

Douglas, here are the settings for the conversion, replace SheerVideo with your codec of choice: http://paolociccone.com/images/mpsc/MPSC02.jpg
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Joseph View Post
Hey, guys. I got the DTE dr-hd100 firestore. For some odd reason, anytime I record with mov, my audio is jacked up. I use fcp to edit... however, if i shoot m2t, the audio is fine. So basically what I'm getting at is, what program should I use to convert m2t, to qt at full quality so I can edit it in fcp? That does it. Thanks, dudes.

hmmm my DR-HD100 works fine. before you go too far down the road of alternate work flows and paths, make sure you are recording correctly (both the camcorder AND the DR-HD100 DTE drive) or that indeed something isn't defective or wrong with the drive. Is the DTE new? Under warranty? Have you done any of the built in utilities?
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks, Mr. Ciccone. I'll try those settings out; hopefully they work. - I just tried that, and for some odd reason, my audio is off way; not syncing up. Know why that is?

Alex: Yes, the hd is new, and under warranty. I've tried everything, man. No matter what, if I record mov. the audio ends up jacked. I've talked to Focus, and they said, this happens to ALL dr-hd100s with the jvc hd110. Which, now... I'm beginning to question if that's even true. If it's not, I'm gonna be very, very-- disgruntled. So, looks like I'll be giving good ol' Focus a call here soon.

Last edited by Douglas Joseph; April 28th, 2008 at 06:08 PM.
Douglas Joseph is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems