Final Cut Pro 6.0.3 SEARCHING MEDIA problem with JVC PRO HD 110U - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Well for what it's worth, here's my 2 cents based on my brand new (yesterday) 200UB and FCP 6.0.3

From tape via FireWire:
24p captures no problem.

60p breaks clips up every time the camera is started and stopped (recording - not turned off or heads spinning down), resulting in a loss of approximately 3 - 5 seconds of footage at the beginning of the clip after the "stop point". I would have expected the NLE to go back and find the "break", cue up pre roll and begin capturing again but it doesn't. Transport keeps rolling and FCP picks up capturing about 3 - 5 seconds later. I guess waiting for the "speed" call while shooting is going to become more important than ever.

I should note I'm using the Easy set-ups in FCP and capturing to HDV (not ProRes at this point) on a white iMac (2.16GHz Core Duo) with 2GB to external LaCie FW400 drives.
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #17
Major Player

Shaun,
Breaking the clips at each camera take with some loss is "normal". What you can do is go into FCP user prefs and set pre-roll & post roll to 1 sec. This makes that gap between takes minimal. Completely covers the issue for me, but some people might still need to adjust their shooting style with certain material... remember, tape is cheap!
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #18
Major Player

Back on track re searching media bug in FCP 6.03

I was about to update FCP, so this capture bug is mission critical. I'm actually near 90% on DR-HD100, shoot with 200, read tapes with BR-HD50 - BUT still need to read 100/110 tapes on a regular basis - just last week for instance.
Does using the BR-HD50 for capture circumvent the issue? Is it affected by the camera/firmware used?
Reverting to previous versions of OS/FCP/QT is a major pain. I remember that somewhere there used to be listings of the "blessed" combinations of the above that were free of bugs.
The iMovie capture trick is a good one though...
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #19
New Boot

I have the solution!

Hi everyone! I was talking about this problem since fcp 5 and now i see the same problem: JVC HDV.
I put my camera in the trash and i buy a 200 Panasonic, after cry of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Ruz View Post
Hi, finally I have decide to downgrade all , the Final Cut Pro from 6.0.3 to 6.0.2, Quicktime from 7.4.1 to 7.3.1, and now I can capture from 720P@24 tapes. I suppose that the problem is the new quicktime apple HDV codec, when I downgrade from FCP 6.0.3 to 6.0.2 the SEARCHING FOR MEDIA ISSUE continues only when I downgrade Quicktime from 7.4.1 to 7.3.1 the issue was a minor presence during capture process . Obviously , I formated the Mac from Installation disc. I´m waiting for the ONE WORLD ONE CODEC.
Rolando Rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 05:21 AM   #20
Major Player

Hey Rolando,
Careful where you wander ;^)
I'm capturing and editing on a daily basis without issues, but version bugs can affect anywhere. Anyone is advised to check around a bit, or have a plan for going back a version with their editing system before upgrading.
Capturing DV used to break on a regular basis back in the early days. Mind you, there is room for improvement in FCP's HDV capture, I agree!

Sorry to hear you had to downgrade cameras. The 200 panasonic is quite troublesome capturing HD from tape too.....

It's certainly easy enough on the JVC's to capture 6 hours direct to hard drive (dr-hd100) and start editing immediately in Quicktime.
Those P2's have gotten cheaper, but it's a slower, much more expensive workflow.
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #21
New Boot

Help!!

Hi everyone! i was remove from my mac some video files, but now i need it again, is this posible? somebody knows an aplication to get it back? i will aprecciate! thanks a lot!

Rolando Rivera!
Rolando Rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #22
New Boot

recovery data on mac

Hi Rolando, in the case of trash the data I used DATA RESCUE II with a 90% recovery files, that work well, in my case I recover 4 hours of footage that I put in the trash for error.

Supongo que lees español , no se porque respondo en ingles debe ser la costumbre, Yo uso el data rescue II y es muy bueno para recuperar archivos grandes, yo rscate archivos de 10 GB sin problemas , claro que es recomendable tener un disco adicional para realizar el rescate, es decir, si el archivo fue eliminado del disco X, habria que tener otro disco para eralizar el rescate, no usar el mismo disco de donde se borro. SAludos, mi padre se llama Rolando Ruz Rivera, como dato curioso.
Carlos Ruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:53 PM   #23
New Boot

Gracias Carlos

Hola Carlos gracias por tu respuesta, no habia visto tu respuesta, fijate que ya use ese programa incluso otros pero no me funcionaron solo me daban archivos de 2 o 3 megas. No se que habrá pasado pero lo intenté con una mac intel y una tradicional y el resultado fué el mismo, a estas alturas realmente ya estoy enfrentando las consecuencias de ese error, de todas formas muchisimas gracias por tu respuesta y espero mantengamos el contacto.

Gracias y Saludos a Don Rolando Ruz Rivera!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Ruz View Post
Hi Rolando, in the case of trash the data I used DATA RESCUE II with a 90% recovery files, that work well, in my case I recover 4 hours of footage that I put in the trash for error.

Supongo que lees español , no se porque respondo en ingles debe ser la costumbre, Yo uso el data rescue II y es muy bueno para recuperar archivos grandes, yo rscate archivos de 10 GB sin problemas , claro que es recomendable tener un disco adicional para realizar el rescate, es decir, si el archivo fue eliminado del disco X, habria que tener otro disco para eralizar el rescate, no usar el mismo disco de donde se borro. SAludos, mi padre se llama Rolando Ruz Rivera, como dato curioso.
Rolando Rivera is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems