Color settings 201 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 12th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Color settings 201

Hi here is an other question, not sure who will know maybe Tim or Paolo, free to jump in.

I seen this video on a web site and truly love the color of the scenes, below is a couple of screen grabs, can any one tell me or know of a scene recipe that i can put into my JVC 201 that will emulate this color profile.I am working in PAL. Should i also work in 24p ?, i am trying to get away from the video look. I have tried Tims and Paolo TCV3. Still can not get any where close to this. I have my camera set to 25p or 50p can not seem to see any difference.

Rob.
Attached Thumbnails
Color settings 201-picture-3.png  
Attached Images

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Trustee

Frame rate should not make any difference in the color. If you switch to SD it will give you a different rendition given the switch to a different color space and different color sampling. To achieve any desired look you should load your footage in something like After Effects and experiment with the color correction. Alternatively you can use something like Magic Bullet Colorista in your NLE to shift colors.
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:47 AM   #3
Major Player

thanks, paolo, i only shoot in HD i am tying to get the camera as close to this screen shots with out any color correction, i have the look suite from magic bullet, and that is ok, just want to minimize the amount of correction i do.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems