JVC Firmware Web Updater - FIX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC Firmware Web Updater - FIX

I had always had problems updating my 200u, since after plugging in the numbers, it told me that it could not determine my firmware version, yet according to Avid's compatibility website, I did not have the latest version. Well after months of research, I found this on the Avid website:

"When you copy down the setup from your camera, if you have the GY-HD200u model (NOT THE A) the replace the "V0101" on the VTR CPU line for "V0100" instead, that will correct a mistake on the setup and you will be able to download the update folder, then let me know if it works for you. Dwayne mentioned(tech), there may be a problem with some cameras recognizing the folder and proceed with the update, mine is one of those. If you do too then...

Call JVC PRO at 800-582-5827 option #7, ask for Dwayne. I had the same problem. He tried to e-mail me a native update file, did not work. Now I have to send it in to service so they can update it for me and at the same time upgrade to (B) version of the HD200."

The full thread is located at: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/6...29.aspx#341229

I hope this helps others like me who were dumbfounded about JVC's firmware updater. Obviously instead of fixing the problem on their site, they choose to let people know about this only when they are so frustrated, they call and talk to their engineers. That makes sense, right? Waste the buyers time and the engineers time. I wonder how many calls it will take for them to fix this on the web...?

The fix worked for me, just by changing that 100 to 101... I'm updating right now.
Taylor Brush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems