My HD100U has a black line across the upper third portion of its footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 1st, 2008, 06:29 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Allen Smith View Post
What about the SSE?
Didn't you say the problems are only in auto mode and low light with black bg's? If so, those are simple workarounds. An HD100 is probably worth about $3k today, you spend another grand on a repair? I wouldn't go with that math.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
Didn't you say the problems are only in auto mode and low light with black bg's? If so, those are simple workarounds. An HD100 is probably worth about $3k today, you spend another grand on a repair? I wouldn't go with that math.
Good point, I could almost by a new one and use it as a back-up.
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:07 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Check with JVC before you make a decision about repairing or not. The SSE problem is the point you have to work on. Your camera may need firmware updating that you might possibly be able to do yourself. Which means that the repair job could be free but I'm sure that if you bring it to JVC it will be less than $1000. To check is free.

My camera needed to go back to JVC to fix the SSE problem but that was a few years ago.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM   #19
Trustee

try turning off the LCD and disconnecting the VF. if it goes away, its a signal leakage from the LCD drive circuitry. usually this sort of leakage shows up as a high pitched squeal in audio, but its possible a bad component is letting too much RF out and getting into the video circuits.

if you can make it come and go away doing this, you at least have a way to avoid for sure - use an external monitor.

another hint its internal vs external - does is move up or down ? if it does move its more likely an external source thats slightly out of sync with the camera. flo and HMI's on magnetic ballasts can cause this. if it stays put, its more likely internal interferance. did you have an external CRT connected ? maybe sync'd RF leakage from the monitor coming up ground on the BNC. fix - disconnect ground or get a new monitor.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #20
Regular Crew

If the firmware update doesn't fix it then I guess getting JVC's prognosis and quote to fix it is the only option.
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems