My first completed JVC project - Indycar Racing at Detroit! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My first completed JVC project - Indycar Racing at Detroit!

Hello all,

It is with great pride that I post my 1st sample of work here at the forums. I've gained so much information about the camera from here, so I wanted to give back with 75 seconds of pretty exciting video.

The production company I work for (mediastreet.ca) has recently acquired the camera, and what better way to do some testing than with a Saturday morning at Belle Isle Raceway in Detroit, with a media pass!

I shot every scene, gathered during a morning practice session (delayed thanks to fog) and then an afternoon qualifying session in glorious sunshine. As it was a 'testing' opportunity, I used an original scene file for the morning session, and then Ciccone's TruColor in the afternoon. Without a doubt, I prefer those shots but I hope my color correction to my original scene file makes it difficult to distinguish between the two....

It was a great time, the access I was granted was incredible! Up close and personal with the likes of Helio Castroneves, Danica Patrick, etc....

I hope you enjoy the stereo sound mix as well. Without further delay...

http://www.blondetangorocks.com/dgp_2009.mp4
(Right-click and select 'save target as' or 'save link as')
John-Paul Bonadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I should mention...

Clips are all at 100% speed, and I used a 250 shutter. Just like Frankenheimer, there is no trickery here... ;)
John-Paul Bonadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Very cool. Brings back memories of standing out side the Hockenheim track in Germany at one of the big turns.

Very nicely shot and I liked the pace.

Well done :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems