Cheap imitation batteries at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old September 29th, 2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Cheap imitation batteries

Has anyone tried this Dionic 90 replacement?

Battery for Anton Bauer Dionic 90 JVC D-9 GY-HD110U New - eBay (item 280265623975 end time Oct-10-08 05:26:51 PDT)
Jason McCormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Anton/Bauer

This is NOT a Dionic replacment

It will not charge on an A/B charger. How can it replace an Dionic??
Scott Keyworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Good point. I suppose I should stay clear of them. Along with all these cheap maxwell tapes I've kept with the dog treats in the garage.

Bleah.

Thank you for the response.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I just bought one as a back up battery and I was able to charge it with my anton bauer titan charger. i bought it because a friend of mine has been using those batteries for the past 3 years. He also uses the titan charger and he only uses those batteries. he hasn't had any issues with them at all, except for one is begining to lose it's charge.
Corey Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Major Player

I was just looking at the battery and it seems to be setup to work on the Anton Bauer charger. Hmm. Is there any danger to the camera? For the same price as the cheap one, I can buy a used Pro Pac. Which is better? Anyone have any comments?
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Major Player

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't... You can't be certain. And sometimes the working units stop working. Some charge on other brand chargers, some don't. Not really reliable.
Dirt cheap by comparison, so you get 3 batteries for the price of 1 regular battery. And with any luck, 1 out of those 3 works, so it's the same but different...

QC isn't the same for companies that got no brand name to protect of course...
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM   #7
Major Player

Hmm. Interesting. I think I will just go for a lightly used pro pack. My boss only allows one battery out at a time for weekend play.
Old October 4th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #8
Trustee

you get what you pay for...

cheap lith ion batteries can potentially go up in flames quite litterally if their built in charge circuit fails.

OTH I went with a PAG charger. charges anything because it ignores the built in charge circuts. all it cares about is how many cells are in the pak. it automatically figures it out and charges them correctly. I've been using a pair of 65W NiMH battereis that were recelled for 1/2 the price of new A/B 50W cells. so far, very good. I get 4 hrs of runtime which is plenty. I also have a 13V 5lb NiCad brick as backup. I got it from ebay. it was supposed to be dead, and I was planning to use it as an adapter to feed 12V to the camera. but I thru it on the charger, it charged right up, and I've been using it for 3 years. cost was $20 :)
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems