GY100U to GY200 Component Footage transfer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM   #1
New Boot

GY100U to GY200 Component Footage transfer

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to capture footage using the following method:

GY100U with taped footage, outputting over Component connection to a GY200 hooked up to a computer that is capturing via firewire. (i hope that made sense)

The reason I ask is... I work on a TV show that shoots with the aforementioned cameras (HDV30P), and we have had issues with choppy frames when capturing (Vegas Pro 8). The footage will capture but cut itself into many (sometimes 50+) clips while capturing, however, if you watch the footage back on the camera, it is fine with no distortions or drops etc.

I was hoping to hook up the cameras like that and capture the footage so that the drops didn't happen. Is that possible? did it even make sense at all? I hope it did! Any help would be appreciated.
Matt Loucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Matt,

I don't think the hd200 has a component IN. Only OUT. Only the firewire jack is bi-directional.

Chopped up footage during capture is due to several issues and in my case it was solved from the computer side of things.
Try a different approach in capturing, use a different capture drive, or software to capture. Like use HDV split for instance.

Check also if your drives are fast enough.

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Major Player

Indeed, HD200 has no input in.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems