JVC GY-HD 200 series stock lens hood? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old October 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC GY-HD 200 series stock lens hood?

I have a JVC GY-HD 201E with its standard lens. This lens has a slight problem in that when you fit an 82mm threaded filter you can't remove the lens hood without removing the filter first. No great problem maybe, just a waste of time in some shoot and run situations.

Does anyone know of a good, strong 16X9 compatible rubber hood that would slip over the front of the lens fitted with a screw in filter, and then lock in place with a thumb screw clamp?
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

No reply? A bit of tinkering about has produced a solution that may be of interest. If you can get hold of a Fujinon broadcast 2/3" - say a 15x8 lens hood, it does slip onto the 200 stock lens (with an 82 mm filter attached) and clamp tight. It might not prove too expensive to buy one of these lens hoods these days.
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Major Player

I use a Mattebox to be able to achieve the quick changes and more control of the filters instead. That is the only good solution.
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Colemont View Post
I use a Mattebox to be able to achieve the quick changes and more control of the filters instead. That is the only good solution.
Yes, you are right Marc. I was looking for a less cumbersome solution for certain fast, rougher work.
Stuart Nimmo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems