A few Lens Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 13th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

A few Lens Questions

Hi guys,
Being new to the GY-HD200U, I have a few questions.

I was wondering how many of you have used the 2/3 to 1/3 adapter, and what sort of results are you getting.
I have a whole swag of High end 2/3 lenses and wondered if its worth going down that path.

I have also picked up a brand new HZ-CA13U to play around with some PL Primes, but was also wondering what results can be had using it with a Nikon Mount adapter......... I have a large collection of Nikon Primes.

And finally, for now anyway, haha , what would the disadvantage of shooting the whole thing (the outdoors program I am doing) in 720/50p as apposed to 720/25p as it seems to be a whole lot smoother.

Thanks for any help
John

Last edited by John Harbor; December 13th, 2008 at 02:36 AM.
John Harbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Major Player

first thing

is make sure John you have a NLE that supports it. Edius and FCP, and possibly Liquid do. The 50p that is, but in truth, unless you choose another recording format using a higher bitrate, the hdv 50p is really blocky, and subpar for broadcast purposes due to high motion codec break up.

regards

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems