JVC HD=110u doesn't power on with battery or power supply at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM   #1
New Boot

JVC HD=110u doesn't power on with battery or power supply

Neither my battery pack nor my power supply turn on the camera anymore. A few months ago the battery pack stopped working but the power supply continued to work, now none of them are working. I've read that the problem was the internal fuse but that was just based on the battery pack working. My question is could there be another issue with the camera not working with neither the power source or battery? And also what might the cost be to repair this problem when I send it to the service center? Thanks in advance for your answers.
Antwuan Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Internal fuse. its a small fuse planted on the pcb. We replaced it in a qualified electronic shop since we are far from the "authorized" service center.

when that fuse goes, your camera wont power up. I'm not saying its a hundred percent cause but its very likely. There is also a thread here that mentioned that the yellow plastic tip of your power supply breaking off and stuck in your ac in socket that causes the battery not to work. Try to see if theres a piece stuck in your ac in socket. Otherwise, its most probably fuse. Its hard to service that yourself since the cam body has to be opened to fix that.

Ted
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I blew the fuse on mine a few months ago, I had the camera back the same day and it only cost me 100 bucks.
David Allen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks guys! I'll be sending mine off today for repair.
Antwuan Gabriel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems