Getting good audio from DR-HD100 hard drive at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 5th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #1
New Boot

Getting good audio from DR-HD100 hard drive

I recently purchased a DR100 hard drive for my JVC110u and have enjoyed the ability to transfer HDV quicktimes straight into FCP. For some reason my audio recorded on the hard drive doesn't match the tape recording. I understand the DR100 records as a stereo pair but I seem to be recording a low hum on the hard drive that also includes some pops in the audio (especially on sound bites) that aren't on the tape.
Does anyone know any tricks to aquiring great audio with the DR100. I am wondering if wind cut function should be on or is there any tricks to matching what is recorded on tape.

Any insight would be helpful.
Rigo Torkos
Rigo Torkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Major Player

It was posted numerous times to avoid using quicktime and record m2t files and use clipwrap afterward.
Linky: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-pro-h...z-audio-3.html

Last edited by Robert Rogoz; March 5th, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #3
Major Player

I insisted on returning mine as defective for this very reason. I returned it under warranty for a full refund.

What staggers me is that despite all the complaints about this very problem, it has not been fixed.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems