Mounting the JVC MR-HD100 on a GY-HD110 with AB? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mounting the JVC MR-HD100 on a GY-HD110 with AB?

Has anyone mounted the Focus/JVC MR-HD100 disk recorder on their HD110 equipped with an Anton-Bauer Goldmount? I can't seem to get a straight answer (or in certain cases, any answer) from Focus or Anton-Bauer. Haven't waded in with JVC yet.

The answer from AB was to purchase an bracket called the ABWMK-HD-100, which I did - it attaches nicely to the Goldmount. The MR-HD100 comes with a cradle, which I have, but as far as I can see, none of the mounting holes on the cradle even come close to matching the ones on the AB bracket.

I am hoping to find someone who has actually done this who can tell me what I am not seeing or what part I don't have.

Thanks a bunch.

TVH
Terry VerHaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Typically, I mount the recorder on the hot shoe using a cheap hot shoe mount with the common thread that fits the bracket that ships with the Firestore. It's high to view when you're on a tripod, but it's inexpensive and secure. When I'm using the camera in a studio config mode, I gaffer tape it to a tripod leg.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I've put velcro on the back and sides of all 5 dionics that I have. The hard drive sticks on the back and I mount to wireless receivers on the sides of them. I also have a coupler and use the power tap to deliver power to the drive and to a frezzi micro fill. Used this system for 3 years on all our hd100's and hd200's. Velcro is the BEST!
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I too am using velcro on the back of my batteries. Seems to be holding strong so far, but I still get nervous about it at times.
Drew Cusick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #5
Regular Crew

We produce an automotive show and knock on wood but for the last six seasons, we've mounted the camera outside, held it out of windows, you name it and you'd be amazed how well even a small piece of velcro holds. Never had either mic packs or hard drives slip off.BTW, we shoot pretty well every day so add up all those hours with no problems. We usually but the industrial strength velcro from Home Depot.
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #6
New Boot

I use a manfrotto 814 mini-hydrostatic arm to attach the DR-HD100 (in cradle) to the screw-hole on top of the camera handle. The mini-arm enables me to put the drive in different positions (on side, on top). By attaching it to the side of the handle, the cam-configuration stays compact.

With the drive on the back of the battery, the unit becomes even more like a rocket launcher.
Alex Pitstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #7

I drilled a larger hole in the AB mount bracket that allows the FS4 cradle to screw onto that bracket.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Are you guys who are using velcro putting the velcro directly onto the drive? Or onto a cage which the drive slides into?
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks for the input

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I may have to resort to Velcro as well. I was given the impression that there was actually a bracket that would mount the unit securely behind the battery for an ENG type use. I'd still love to hear from anyone who has worked with this exact configuration.

And just to note - I think the DR-HD100 mount/configuration is significantly different than the MR-HD100 which is the newer model and, unlike the FS-4/5, specifically configured for the JVC cameras.

Again, thanks.

TVH
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #10
Regular Crew

It's definitely mountable somehow. I dont have the bracket so I can say precisely how. But here is a photo that shows it.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...rhd100wifi.jpg
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #11

That's exactly how my installation mounts, using this hardware:
Anton Bauer | ABWM-KIT Universal Wireless Mounting | ABWMKIT
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Drew - Thanks for posting that. It's an interesting picture because it shows the unit mounted without the cradle.

TVH
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
That's exactly how my installation mounts, using this hardware:
Anton Bauer | ABWM-KIT Universal Wireless Mounting | ABWMKIT
Bill - Now we are getting somewhere. Do you mount yours without the included cradle then? And how does it attach to the plate behind it?
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #14

I mount my FS4 in the cradle. It's not an FS5. The bracket mates to screwholes on the side of the JVC battery mount.
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #15
Regular Crew

The MR HD100 does have two screw holes on the top back...perhaps these can be used to mount it directly to the bracket?
Drew Cusick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems