editing software - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Mangold View Post
Oh, and the hardware... imho it's much more fun and agreeable to work on Mac anyway, for all applications ... and better-looking, too ;-)
Except some of us aren't cool enough to own a mac.

But the really suuupercooool edit on a linux machine:
http://www.linux.com/feature/60624
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Remember - no platform wars or Chris will spank us.

I use Mac, PC, whatever I have handy to do the job I need to do. And with Mac running Windows apps just fine, I use Vegas on both PC and Mac - so the choice of platform is now separated from the choice of application. I think it's great.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM   #18
Major Player

I use both FCP & Premiere (Mac Boot) and After Effects (PC Bootcamp Boot) on a Macbook with files from the HD251e.
Ones the m2t files are loaded, I used to convert them with Cineform when I use files on the PC partition and MOV (ClipWrap) for FCP.
But for quicker sharing between the packages I now export Quicktime Animation on After Effects to load into FCP or Premiere when booting in Mac. As the Cineform files are slower to handle on Mac.
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Edius is my favorite. I have Avid MC (overpriced), and Premiere. For user interface, tool set and versatility, Edius is the best NLE on the market right now. It's really stable and handles everything you throw on the timeline. Has great FX packages bundled with it as well. It just keeps getting better.
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #20
Regular Crew

bit the bullet, my macpro should arrive on Thursday. Anyone have fcs2 for a great price? Oh yeah, and how do I use the software ;0) I have my work cut out for me as I have NEVER edited anything in my life. Does anyone have any good book or website recommendations? Thanks again!
Jason Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Trustee

There is a small fee, but Lynda.com (www.lynda.com) has a great series of tutorials on FCP and a great variety of other programs as well. Worth checking out, I think. Also check out Ken Stone's Final Cut Pro (www.kenstone.net),and Larry Jordan's site (Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro Seminars and Training) . If you don't want on-line, we bought a copy of a DVD tutorial (about 11 hours, iirc) from http://www.totaltraining.com and it was worth the $$....

/ Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Here's my workflow for importing from tape to FCP6 as Apple ProRes, which has been problem free.

JVC HDV Video into Final Cut Pro 6 | Philm Takes

Importing as HDV never worked well for me.
Phil Balsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Phil, thats great! Its just what I needed, that will at least get me going. I am trying to purchase fcs2 on ebay for a nice price. My apple computer is here and ready!! Thanks Battle also some great info.
Jason Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:02 AM   #24
New Boot

Some Linux editors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
But the really suuupercooool edit on a linux machine:
Linux.com :: Become a digital video editing guru using Linux tools
A lot has improved in the Linux world since that 2007 article. Here is a link to some of the video editing solutions available for openSUSE Linux: Video editing - openSUSE There are also some good links in the reference section of that URL.

I use kdenlive editor myself (running on KDE4 and KDE3).

Cinelerra for Linux has the reputation for being the most powerful, but also the most user unfriendly and also rather unstable for some of us.

My wife is an MS-Windows user, but she has not graduated beyond Microsoft's MovieMaker. I have a number of friends who are big Mac fans (some of whom are Linux engineers at work) but none of them play with video editors.
Lee Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #25
Regular Crew

I've been using Vegas for 2 years now (With hd200) and everything works fine... and I really like the mouse-based interface (I got very bad memory and remembering shortcuts is not my thing...)
Jordi Dusanek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems