Macro / Close up lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 11th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Macro / Close up lens

I have a GY-HD200 with a Th17x5BRM (82mm lens ring). I have a potential client that wants me to shoot a scientific experiment. Their company tests new pesticides and chemicals on insects and they want to video tape the results on the bugs just after they are sprayed. I tried shooting the bugs with the lens and using the macro, but that just wasn't close enough for them. Oh, the insects are bed bugs, mosquitos, flies, etc.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive macro or close up lens that will work with the Th17x5BRM and it's 82mm thread?

Thanks
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #2

For the cost of some negative diopter screw on lenses, you can almost afford to buy a lens mount adapter and use some used Nikon macro lenses. The adapter can be had from Mike Tapa at Untitled Document and the Nikon macro can be found on B&H's used lens department.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Wrangler

For house flies or mosquitos you can use the Th17x5BRM if you are about 4 feet away to the focal plane, set the focus ring to 3 feet, zoom in all the way, and then turn on the macro (it turns both ways - turn in the direction of the arrow.)

If you want to capture bed bugs then you will need a microscope and a microscope adapter. I own a couple microscope adapters but they are for 2/3" so you would need an ACM-17 as well.
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #4
Major Player

there is a very popular online auction site that usually has cheap diopter glass filters at 82mm. nuff said.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems