16x lens focal range at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

16x lens focal range

can anyone tell me what focal range the 16x lens is in terms of 35mm slr systems, I am using an MTF adapter and wondering if its even possible to get a smaller focal range nikon lens (wider lens) considering the 7x mag. factor involved with the lens adapter?
Jason Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Jason whatever focal range it says on the lens muliply it by 7 so if your lens was 100-300 then using the adapter it would become 700-2100 I think I am right in saying this hope it helps.

Alan
Alan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
If you're looking for a 35mm SLR lens to use with the MTF adaptor that has a similar focal length range as the 16x stock Fuji, you'll need something in the range of a 4 or 5 - 80mm zoom... good luck. Oh, and of course the lens would need to have manual iris and focus...

The MTF solution is more of a mid - telephoto solution and not really practical for wide angle, as you can see.
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Davis View Post
can anyone tell me what focal range the 16x lens is in terms of 35mm slr systems
Roughly 40-600 mm. You can't get the wide-angle range with a 35mm still photo lens.
Stefan Immler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems