Problem with FIRE store at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 8th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Trustee

Problem with FIRE store

Holy crap! I thought I was finally o.k. Videoguys sent me the first one it wouldnt charge then they sent me another one the battery wouldnt hold a charge. Then they sent me a new battery I shoot some footage connect it to my computer IT CATCHES ON FIRE!!!! I quit its going back for a refund.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Major Player

wow! Either you or the video guys have the touch of death. Don't get near my equipment! Does the Video guys sell refurbs or new? sounds wacky, like there was something wrong form the get go with the DTE drive and it was failing the batteries... but that is just a wild guess. hope you get your money back or at least a brand new factory sealed non refurbed unit and battery.
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #3
New Boot

Had a similar experience

I was at a shoot with my HD200 and my friend decide to let me use his firestore which was attached to his HD110 and was working perfectly, we swapped it to my 200 and it started smoking.

I am trying to decide between the new style fs-5 or the older style since they are getting cheaper, but the smoking episodes make me think, any of you got a new one yet?

Manuel
Manuel De Haro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems