110 gone at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Major Player

110 gone

I just found out.
They don't make the jvc gy 110 any more
I guess the cameras are worth nothing now.
It makes me feel bad, I paid top dollar when i got mine and all the goodies on top.
do you think the value will go up in time?

Thanks for listining

to a old man
Joe
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Major Player

110? I have a 100?

At least it's an A upgrade though. LOL! They retired that long ago. I could be sad that my camera's tenure ended without much fanfare, but I have to admit it puts a smile on my face every time I send out an invoice!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I bought a new HD110 at B&H in NYC for $2995 to film a documentary and an upcoming low budget Indie. It was pretty obvious that they were selling off inventories at this price point. I love the camera, and so far it was money well spent. No regrets.
Attached Thumbnails
110 gone-aem-logo-800-ints.jpg  
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Major Player

Gy110

Thanks Tom
I feel the same way.
you have a great day.
Joe
Joseph A. Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #5
Major Player

Just because they dont make it anymore, doesn't mean it lost its worth... if anything that might have just raised its worth a little. This camera is one of a kind in its price range. Its truley an amazing package for the price. People wanting to have a professional shoulder mount type camera with AMAZING control over its imagers will be very pleased with this camera.
Giuseppe Pugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:39 AM   #6
Major Player

I have two HD111s and I couldn`t be happier. I have tried a lot of cameras in this price range for the last two years. I have owned an HVX200, a Z1, a V1 and an EX1. And the one still putting a smile on my face is the JVC. Believe it or not.

I even tried the XLH1 by Canon, the Z7 and 270 by Sony, but I still find the JVC to be better in all respects. Only complaint is the somewhat narrow 16X Fujinon and poor battery life. And the viewfinder could be better. That aside I am very happy with them.

They are professional looking and behave that way as well. I am actually thinking of investing in a GY- HM700. That says a lot about the JVC.

Svein Rune, Norway
Svein Rune Skilnand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems