problem with rode mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 5th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #1
New Boot

problem with rode mic

hi all
first off let me say what a great forum,its helped me lots reading through the threads on the topics about the jvc gy hd series,
although Ive come across a bit of a problem,i bought my hd 100u last month so i decided to buy a rode mic,and while i was waiting for it to come i bought a clock audio 801e i know its not really a camera mic but it was only 20 quid,so today i tried them both,i tried the clock first and i was reasonably impressed it was much better than the camera mic so i couldn't wait to try the rode (ntg2) but was so disappointed,there was so much hiss,now i can only think it might be the wiring of the cable,it has a shield and red and white on the cable i have ,i looked at the wiring on the mic that came with the camera and it has three wires,red white and a black,and each of the wires is soldered to one of the three pins,and one wire has a piece of solder running to the spare peg,maybe its an earth or something,if anyone could give me a clue id much appreciate it
thank you in anticipation Tom
just a note, had a think about it,had a small cable running to the mic in the blimp ,so i just tried the long cable on its own its ok,so i will have to check the wiring on the blimp ,funny how the clock worked ok though.
thank you tom

Last edited by Tom Stretton; July 5th, 2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: problem solved
Tom Stretton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems