HD100U & HD10U for IMAG? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old August 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Trustee

HD100U & HD10U for IMAG?

IMAG is not the kind of work I normally do, but a very good client just asked if I could do a two camera IMAG for them at an upcoming conference. They pay well and they pay on time, so telling them "no" is not an option.

Will an HD100U and an HD10U work well for an IMAG? They both have composite out (RCA, not BNC) and I'd have to pick up a video switcher (any suggestions? I was thinking of picking up a used Videonics MX-1.) What lengths of cable runs can you use with composite? Anything else I should be thinking about?
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Chris,

I have recently done IMAG using the Panasonic DVX 100 Camera, the run was 200 feet for the Master camera and about 50 for the eng camera. What are shooting by the way? Are you mixing live, Powerpoint & DVD?

Here is a link to the IMAG

DIGITAL STUDIO ASIA: Men of the 80s Concert -Front Act
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Trustee

As far as I know it's only going to be the two live cameras. I'm basically shooting a series of speakers in a large convention hall with two projection screens.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Chris,

That should work okay. If the speakers are doing power point you will need a decent scaler like an Extron 408 so you can switch from live to Powerpoint at the flick of a button. You will also need a clearcom system for communication

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems