JVC HDV 1/3rd CCD.. heads up... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 9th, 2005, 08:36 AM   #1
Inner Circle

JVC HDV 1/3rd CCD.. heads up...

Spec so far as of this arvo..

1/3 CCD block

Native 720p (true progressive) HDV recording 19mbps

Upscale to 1080i realtime (25mbps. I cant say why 1080i is only
Interlaced and not progressive.. he doesnt know)

50i, 25p, 24p. No word yet on the 24p pulldown config, and i dont know how they will achieve 24p on a Pal camera as even with pulldown, the framed fields just dont calculate as 60fields are required to acheive 24p with a basic 2:3:2 pulldown....
Im dubious about this in Pal land..

Moving on.. now heres the Doozy..

Psuedo Shoulder mount design XL2 ish theyre not sure yet, but we saw a prototype sketch and it looked similar......

+

wait for it...

INTER FRIGGIN CHANGABLE LENSES!!!!!!

not that anyones gonna fork out for another lense.. (i mean seriously, how many peole with XL1/2 do u know that have multiple lenses?? )
Anyway... it will be a bayonet mount and i cant bloody remember the diameter. i think its the same as the XL2.. i cant remember the figure off the top of my head but it will fit some existing lenses apparently..

But yeah.. looks to be an interesting time ahead..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #2
Major Player

it does sound rather nice doesn't it... and with my new JVC tv being lovely, and pulling back my love for a company who i hated before (crappy heads in camcorder and "official vendors" who refused to give a damn) i'm gonna get jealous when this is released :)

not surprised about 1080 in interlaced only tho.
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Major Player

Hmmm like the 24p 720, but hate it's only 19mgs, 20% more compression than necessary.

1080i, a good back up plan. What did you expect, 1080p on a 1/3 cam? ;-)

Interchangeable lenses - also questionable.

Hey at least they are trying something.
Old February 9th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Anyway, 720 24p HDV and i hope nice lenses will be a big jump from SD cameras, itrīs really going to be an interesting year. I just read about the Apple head talking about 2005 being the year for HD (here things arrive late) so this must be true war.

I think it will be great to sit comfortably in our sofas for half year and wach fights between big companies with a big popcorn bucket. Then we will see who falls and who stay. Ok, my think, Pana and JVC year. I hope.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems