DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Another HD100 pic (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/41651-another-hd100-pic.html)

Jimmy McKenzie March 23rd, 2005 07:23 PM

rods ...

So here we have the first accessory line that truly unanswers the bell for the indie producer looking for a turnkey bundle of proprietary goodies that are not in the aftermarket. A new spec for the diameter and spacing will only accept their matte box, filters and flags. Tiffen would be more than happy to private label that one. At a relatively low production run, the aftermarket will be slow if not uninterested in development.

Toyota are masters at this. Try finding Echo parts in the public domain. It's their little experiment to thwart the white box producers. Profit, not cashflow, funds innovation.

Nate Weaver March 23rd, 2005 08:16 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Darrell Essex : Nate, what's you thoughts on this camera and spec's?
Darrell
FIRST CINEMA PICTURES -->>>

Well, I put money down on one...does that tell you?

As info is leaking out slowly, I have yet to find issue with anything...no deal killers.

Sean Dinwoodie March 23rd, 2005 10:27 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : << I fixed the misspelling and made two desktop wallpapers out of the image. >>

Nice work, Murad!

By the way for those interested, I really don't think those are built-in rails at the lower front of the camera body. I'm betting those are sliders for the shoulder support -- it can probably be adjusted forward and backward by an inch or two or three. -->>>

They are just rods for blanceing the camera.

Sean Dinwoodie March 23rd, 2005 10:30 PM

Focus Assist exagerates the detail in the viewfinder.

John Sandel March 23rd, 2005 10:46 PM

Sean, how do the rods balance the camera?

Sean Dinwoodie March 25th, 2005 12:50 AM

The rods prevent the camera from leaning over on to the lens. Yes the camera is slightly front heavy, but not enough to be trouble some for your wrist.

John Sandel March 25th, 2005 01:21 AM

Hah! here I was picturing all manner of weird counterbalancing contraptions ...

Filip Kovcin March 25th, 2005 01:43 AM

rods again

well, if another things are photoshoped, maybe is possible to "suggest" to JVC also longer rods, in that case - real follow focus will fit easily.
is someone cappable to extract the lenght of pictured rods? and maybe to put follow focus also?
hm...

filip

Chris Hurd March 25th, 2005 09:51 AM

<< The rods prevent the camera from leaning over on to the lens. >>

Okay, now I get it -- kind of like a kickstand for a motorcycle.

Robert Shuster March 25th, 2005 12:22 PM

Follow focuses and matteboxes

At the AVR show I asked about a QR plate ala VCT-U14 with a Chroizel 401-55 kinda thing. JVC didn't have any immediate plans to incorporate a rod mount, though I feel an accessory of this type will be popular. Right now, the bottom of the camcorder has only a 1/4in thread mount and a VHS alignment spud (subject to change). With all the stuff I anticipate hanging on this guy (Anton/Bauer gold mount adapter, extended viewfinder, ff, mattebox, 6in TransVideo on a dogbone, a couple of wireless, a coffee maker, etc.) I hope some NC maven comes to market with a heavy duty support system. Titanium, please.